As I walk by the stores on Michigan Avenue here in Chicago, I have to look away because I CANNOT bear to see signs of fall and cooler weather. Put away those sweaters and scarves immediately please … because it’s only been summer in the Windy city for about six weeks thank you very much!
I’m doing my absolute best to keep summer alive and well in the Food Flirt kitchen and this week I’ve made a recipe that’s so simple it qualifies for a midweek snack but is pretty enough to serve at a dinner party, which I’ll be doing this coming weekend.
The combination of peppery 34° Crisps, juicy summertime strawberries, fresh basil and rich balsamic glaze tastes just like summer should—light, refreshing and easy.
Makes About 15-20 crisps
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, washed and dried
- 1 teaspoon balsamic glaze + more for garnishing
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 15-20 small basil leaves, rinsed and dried
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1. Slice off tops of each strawberry. Cut into quarters and slice each quarter width wise into thin slices. Place berries in small mixing bowl.
- 2. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and sprinkle salt over top then fold gently using spatula until glaze coats strawberries. Set aside.
- 3. Place 34° Cracked Pepper Crisps on your favorite serving plate and put one drop of balsamic glaze in the center of each crisp. Put one basil leaf atop each crisp and the glaze will hold the leaf in place. Using a small spoon, top the basil leaf with about ½ teaspoon of macerated strawberries. Crack fresh pepper evenly over crisps and serve immediately to your hungry friends and family!
You can discover more craveable recipes using 34° Crisps by checking them out on: