34° Crisp Oven Baked “Fried” Chicken
This recipe uses 34° Toasted Onion Crisps and ground almonds to create a truly crunchy, craveable version of “fried” chicken, that’s actually baked and lovely eaten at room temperature, which makes it perfect for summer picnics!
Makes 8-10 chicken legs (depending on size)
Prep: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hr 5 minutes
8-10 Chicken legs, skin on)
- 1 box 34° Toasted Onion Crisps (find them here!)
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 Tablespoons dried chives
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 cup milk (you can use almond if you prefer)
- 2 Tablespoons Hot and Sweet Mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
- 2. Line a baking sheet with parchment or tin foil and brush with oil. Place chicken on baking sheet, evenly spaced. Set aside.
- 3. Add 1 box 34° Toasted Onion Crisps to bowl of a food processor, crunching them with your fingers as you go. Then add almonds, chives, brown sugar salt and pepper and pulse until ground into crumb like mixture. Pour into shallow 8X8 dish and set aside.
- 4. In shallow bowl, whisk eggs with milk and mustard until combined.
- 5. Use one hand to dip each leg into the egg mixture, then the other hand to coat each leg in the 34° Toasted Onion Crisp mixture, using a spoon to ensure the entire leg is covered.
- 6. Bake at 400°F on middle rack for 35-45 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 160°F, chicken is golden brown and juices run clear.
Sprinkle with a few additional chives or fresh parsley to garnish. If serving immediately, let sit for about 5 minutes to rest.
- 7. Otherwise let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until serving. There is a strong chance other picnic people may be jealous of your chicken, so consider bringing some to share!
You can discover more craveable recipes using 34° Crisps by checking them out on: