Brown Butter Sage Potato Salad Dip with 34° Rosemary Crisps
At your next picnic or potluck BBQ, mix it up with this take on classic potato salad that becomes more of a dip, by dicing the potatoes smaller before cooking them!
Recipe by Lindsay Jones of FoodFlirt.com
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 4 cups potatoes cut into ½ inch cubes (I like to use a mix of red new potatoes and Peruvian purple potatoes)
- ½ cup butter (I use salted)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup red onion, diced
- 2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons sweet hot mustard or honey mustard
- 5 baby sweet peppers, diced
- 1-cup celery, diced
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 box 34° Rosemary Crisps
- 1. Scrub potatoes clean then dice into small ½-inch cubes, skin on. Place potatoes in a medium pot with large pinch salt and cover with cold water. Cover pot and bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook until potatoes are just soft, about 15-20 minutes. Drain potatoes, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- 2. While potatoes cook, make the browned butter. Cut butter into small pieces and melt in small pot over medium heat, whisking often. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly to avoid burning the butter. Once foam begins to rise, reduce heat to low and whisk until butter turns a golden hue and smells nutty, about 15-20 more seconds. It can quickly go from browned to burnt, so watch and whisk carefully. Skim off any white milk solids with a spoon then pour into small bowl and set aside.
- 3. Heat olive oil in small pot. Add onions and sauté until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Add red wine vinegar and mustard and stir to combine.
- 4. Place potatoes in medium bowl with peppers, celery, onion mixture, browned butter and salt and pepper to taste. Use spatula to gently fold all ingredients together.
- 5. Top each 34° Rosemary Crisp with a tablespoon of the potato salad dip and serve immediately at room temperature. Relish the classic potato salad reimagined.
You can discover more craveable recipes using 34° Crisps by checking them out on: