How We Met
- It happened like this. I was strolling through Costco, starving, looking for something that I could buy and eat immediately, yes in the car. Don’t judge. You’ve been there. I wanted something healthy, but also sinfully satisfying. I ask a lot from life. Then I saw it … Angie’s Kettle Corn. Kettle Corn makes my taste buds flutter and my belly sing to the heavens! And this brand of Kettle Corn happened to be lower in calories and fat than most Kettle Corn I’ve encountered, so I bought it, ate it, realized I’d found the most addicting, all-natural, bagged popcorn on earth and grinned on the inside.
Why Angie’s Popcorn is a Food Flirt Find
- Unparalleled variety of unique, craveable flavors, from the indulgent holiday Dark Chocolate Sea Salt and White Chocolate Peppermint to lighter options like their Boom Chicka Pop line, offered in Sea Salt and a Slightly Sweet version that’s Kettle Corn-esque—just 37 calories a cup!
- Uber-super fun packaging that makes me smile :).
- Excellent fluffy factor with the freshly-popped crispness that many bagged popcorn’s don’t deliver.
- NOTHING FAKE. No high-fructose corn syrup. No artificial sweeteners. No artificial flavors or preservatives. No trans fats.
- Gluten-free, Non-GMO, Whole Grain, Kosher.
- Family created. Read Angie’s story. It’s a neat one.
- Angie’s Popcorn is the perfect anytime snack … a healthier popcorn to take to the movies, ideal to curb my hunger before dinner’s ready, pairs well with white wine (like most things IMHO), and is my go-to on-the-go munchable treat!
As if this brand was aware of my most wild popcorn fantasy, I just learned that Angie’s debuted a new flavor … CANDY CORN! Are-you-serious-this-will-be-the-best-popcorn-eating-October-ever!!!! Cannot wait to try it! Has anyone else? I hear it’s available to devour at Target stores starting October 1st.
Makes 10-12 Popcorn Balls
- 5 tbsp. (¼ cup) salted butter
- 16 oz. mini marshmallows (I use Dandies Vegan Marshmallows
- 1 tsp. almond extract (you can also use cinnamon or vanilla)
- 12 cups Angie’s Boom Chicka Pop Popcorn – Sea Salt (you can use any Angie’s Popcorn you wish)
- 3/4 cup pepitas
- 1. Line baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
2. In medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the marshmallows and almond extract. Heat, whisking continuously, until the marshmallows are completely melted into butter and the mixture is smooth. Whisk, whisk, whisk, so the gooey goodness won’t burn baby!
3. To large mixing bowl add Angie’s Popcorn. Drizzle the marshmallow mixture over the top as evenly as possible. Allow to cool about 20-30 seconds. Add pepitas. Using a rubber spatula, toss VERY gently to combine and coat the popcorn. Allow to cool another two minutes, then form your balls, about 3-inches wide, with oiled or buttered hands. Place on wax paper covered baking sheet, and let cool, about 5-8 minutes. Once firm, insert a stick into each popcorn ball (optional but way more FuN!).
4. Make them crafty: Tie fall colored ribbon around each stick. Place each ball into clear cellophane bag, stick up, and tie a tight bow with another ribbon. Hand out as awesome autumn party favors or take them to your office to
treat your co-workers show off your mad-crafty-cute culinary skills at work ;).
Credit where it’s due: Recipe adapted from Annies-Eats.