It’s fun to have a few go-to recipes that can be eaten couch-side, while enjoying the return of your favorite fall TV shows! This recipe pairs slightly sweet, homemade kale chips with savory miso hummus and 34° Sesame Crisps and makes for one healthy, heavenly bite!
Time to Table: 45 minutes
Serves: 8-12 people
½ large head of Curly Kale
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup plain hummus
1 teaspoon red miso paste
1 teaspoon smoke paprika + more for garnish
1 box 34° Sesame Crisps
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or tinfoil, set aside
- Prep each kale leaf by slicing out the center stem, then cutting the long leaves into squares approximately 1 ½-inch.
- Wash cut kale in salad spinner to remove all excess water, an important step to ensure crisp kale!
- Spread dried kale on baking sheet in one layer. If you have too much kale, use a second sheet. Drizzle sesame and olive oil over kale evenly and then use hands to “massage” oil into each piece of kale to coat.
- Sprinkle kale with sugar and toss with your hands once more. Making sure kale bakes in one layer is another key to getting perfectly crisp kale!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until kale is just crisp but not brown/burnt. Remove from oven and let cool.
- While kale is baking, blend hummus, miso and paprika in food processor or blender until smooth and well combined.
- To build your hummus kale crisp bites use a piping bag or teaspoon to dollop hummus on each 34° Sesame Crisp and top with one kale chip. Sprinkle with paprika and serve immediately to ensure maximum kale crispness and feel fabulous about delivering an appetizer that’s delicious and nutritious!
You can discover more craveable recipes using 34° Crisps by checking them out on: